Twickenham Stadium is committed to providing the same level of access for all its visitors
- Any customers requiring accessible seating for wheelchair or ambulant access will need to obtain their tickets online via their Personal Assistant (PA) account. For more information on our PA Registration scheme, please read the rest of the FAQs in this section. Please note: we do require proof of accessible requirements in the form of a PIP/DWP letter in the name of the applicant to be attached to the online form.
- To register, please complete the online Registration form or complete and return the Word document by attaching it to the Submit a Request button which can be found at the bottom of this article.
- Please note: any account we create for a PA member will need it's own unique email address, so please provide one when you complete the form, as you cannot have more than one account listed against the same email address on the RFU ticketing system.
- You only need to submit your registration form once and if your application is successful you will be sent an email with a Personal Assistant Client Code that you will need to use online, so you can apply as normal via your PA account for matches, subject to availability/balloted matches.
- Customers who are unable to climb stairs but are not registered disabled or who do not want to sit in pitch side accessible seating areas should look to purchase lower tier seats in rows 4-15.
Exchanging Stadium Tickets for Accessible Seats
If you have already purchased tickets or been allocated tickets that are unsuitable for your access requirements, we will try to exchange these for a more suitable area. We cannot guarantee any exchanges will be available, therefore we do advise you apply directly through the RFU if you have any specific requirements. If you are not the original purchaser of the tickets you wish to exchange, please have them contact us to see if the exchange is possible.