New International Allocation Methodology
The RFU Council recently endorsed changes to the method for allocating tickets to England internationals at Twickenham, to various sections of the game. The new system will be introduced ahead of the 2021 Six Nations, with clubs required to input data via the Team Management tool on GMS across the 2018/19 and 2019/20 seasons. The RFU has provided user guides and FAQs on the Team Management tool, in the Community Game Update from March 2019.
Please note that the total number of tickets allocated to each section of the Game and the policy that at least 50% of the tickets for each match are available to the Game, remains unchanged. Your allocation is for each England international played at Twickenham Stadium.
From the 2020/21 season, changes are as follows:
RFU Voting Clubs
- Every voting club receives an initial allocation of six tickets (currently it is two).
- Each voting club with an aggregate total of 30 players or more at U13 and below correctly registered on GMS, will receive an additional two tickets.
- All remaining tickets to be divided between voting clubs, based on the number of 15 a side games played by the club. U14 -U18 age grade teams are limited to a maximum credit of 16 matches per season in accordance with the RFU Age Grade Code of Practice.
The 28 Geographic CBs
- Every geographic CB receives an initial allocation of 20 tickets (as is currently the case).
- All remaining tickets to be divided between geographic CBs, based on the number of 15 a side games played by their clubs. U14 -U18 age grade teams are limited to a maximum credit of 16 matches per season in accordance with the RFU Age Grade Code of Practice.
- Every voting society receives an initial allocation of six tickets
- All remaining tickets to be divided between voting referees societies, based on the number of games the society appoints to.
Cambridge University, Oxford University and Student RFU CBs and their member clubs
- The allocation of tickets for these three CBs and their member clubs will remain unchanged at this time.
The three Armed Services’ CBs and their member clubs
- Each of these CBs have a set number of tickets to allocate to their members
Schools and Colleges that are members of the ERFSU or England Colleges RFU
- The allocation of tickets for Schools and Colleges remains unchanged at this time.
- Schools and Colleges will now be required to demonstrate proof of rugby activity and that tickets are used by an individual who contributes to the rugby activity in that school or college.
In July 2019, we provided RFU voting clubs, geographic CBs and referee societies with an indicative International ticket entitlement, based on the new process and data collected for one season.
For further assistance with entering your fixtures onto GMS please visit GMS Hub