Guinness Six Nations 2020: Italy v England - Important Information
The three matches between Italy and England (Men’s, Women’s, and U20) set to take place over the weekend of 13/14/15 March have been postponed, with the intention to reschedule them at later dates. This is following the decree issued by the Italian Government on March 4 with respect to all upcoming sporting events in that country.
The Six Nations fully intend to complete all 15 games across all three championships when time allows. The Six Nations will continue to monitor developments with the unions, respective governments and health authorities and remain fully supportive of any preventative measures taken in the interests of overall public health in relation to the Coronavirus.
Ticket advice for ticket purchases made via the RFU
- Your tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled Men's match, so please keep your tickets in a safe place
- Refunds are now available to ticket purchasers who no longer wish to attend, regardless of the new date for the fixture, by following the instructions below. Refunds must be requested by 5pm on Friday 20 March
- Refunds can only be made to the original ticket purchaser. For example, the RFU will refund clubs directly so that they can in turn refund their members
- Once the date for the rescheduled match has been set, the RFU will email all remaining ticket purchasers again to offer a further opportunity to request a refund at this time.
To request a refund now
- Login to the England Rugby ticketing website by clicking here
- On the Manage Tickets page you will find Italy v England listed; click on the match to view all of your purchased ticket details
- Tick the box next to each ticket you would like to be refunded for, then select 'Sell on Ticket Exchange', followed by 'Review Order' and finally 'Complete Purchase' and you'll receive an email confirming the successful posting
- Return the original paper tickets for refund by Friday 20 March to RFU Ticket Office, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham. TW2 7BA.
- On receipt of your paper tickets we will generate an email asking you to enter your preferred account details to claim the refund
- The refund will be made to your preferred account by Wednesday 15 April.
All tickets that were received in the office by Monday 23 March have been processed by the team. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are unable to access the RFU offices, therefore any further tickets that have been mailed back cannot be dealt with until such time that the UK Government relaxes the current policy of social distancing. Refunds will be issued for these tickets at a later date.